Utilizing his 40 years of experience in trying cases combined with specialized training in mediation, Scott Gilmore offers his services as a privately retained mediator to assist other attorneys and their clients in resolving their general business, real estate, construction, corporate governance, partnership, probate/trust and employment disputes – whether currently in litigation or on a pre-litigation basis. In support of his mediation practice, Scott has completed more than 120 hours of mediation training through both the prestigious Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University and affiliated organizations. Since 2003 Scott has successfully mediated hundreds of litigated matters.
Scott holds an AV Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating possible.
Scott’s professional affiliations include membership in the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the American Bar Association, and Scott is a member of the litigation section of both associations. He is also a member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers of Los Angeles. Scott’s professional mediation affiliations include membership in the Southern California Mediation Association and the Dispute Resolution Section of the American Bar Association. Scott previously served as a member of the Los Angeles County Superior Court Panel of Mediators.
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law – J.D. (1978)
University of Southern California – M.B.A. (1978)
University of Southern California – B.S., Business Administration (1975)
Hill, Farrer & Burrill, LLP
Partner (1988 – present)
- “Mediating the Litigated Case” (42 Hours) Pepperdine University (Straus Institute)
- “Cross-Cultural Dispute Resolution” (6 Hours) Los Angeles Superior Court ADR Committee/California Academy of Mediation Professionals
- “Mediating Complex Construction Disputes” (18 Hours) Pepperdine University (Straus Institute)
- “Advanced Mediation Forum” (14 Hours) Dispute Resolution Services/Pepperdine University (Straus Institute).
- “Specialized Mediation – Employment, Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice” (18 hours) Pepperdine University (Straus Institute)
- “Complex Issues in Mediation” (18 hours) Pepperdine University (Straus Institute)
Member, Board of Leaders, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
Member, Board of Trustees, Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
Member, Board of Elders, SeaCoast Grace Church, Cypress
President, Board of Directors, Precious Lamb Preschool (for homeless children) Long Beach
Chairman Emeritus, Marshall Partners, University of Southern California